– six years old, he was born with a severe form of congenital heart disease called Tetralogy of Fallot with Pulmonary Atresia.
– eleven years old, he was born with a group of congenital heart defects called Transposition of Greater Vessels (TOGV) he had two heart caths when he was a day old. He had open heart surgery when he was six days old.
Catriona (Cat) Chennell
– sixteen years old, she was diagnosed with asthma before she was even six months old. She was then diagnosed with a rare life-threatening condition called Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
– nine years old, he was born with a genetic condition called Mitochondrial Disease, a degenerative disease that attacks the mitochondria, the source that creates energy for his body.
– ten years old, he was born with a congenital heart defect called Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. At one month old, Sage had his first, successful open heart surgery, and since then he has undergone two additional open heart surgeries.
– four years old, he was diagnosed with a congenital heart defect, Transposition of the Greater Arteries that required immediate and life-saving care from the UF Health Shands congenital heart team.
– four years old, she was diagnosed with a genetic mutation of the MECP2 gene. Harper has Rett Syndrome. Rett Syndrome is a serious lifelong neurological disorder diagnosed almost exclusively in girls. Many children with Rett are unable to speak, walk or use their hands, and they often need feeding tubes.
– six years old, she was diagnosed with a rare surfactant deficiency, with the care, equipment and treatments provided by UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital, Izabella survived 14 months until the day of her heart and lung transplant.